Welcome to Northeast Controls, the local leader in delivering superior value and financial results to industries in the Northeast. We are pleased you have chosen to visit our website, and hope you'll find the content informative and helpful. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this site to better serve your needs, please write to me personally by clicking here.
Since 1967, Northeast Controls' goal has been to partner with industry leaders to improve their profits and enable them to continue their capital and MRO investments in their plants. The money we uncover and save our customers through process automation improvements has a direct impact on improving the operating efficiencies of manufacturing plants. Our unique combination of valuable process expertise and leading products/solutions from our business partners, such as Emerson Process Management, create an unmatched capability for the process automation industry.
Northeast Controls' expert team of consulting engineers and support staff has over 570 years of combined experience in making a difference in the financial performance of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's), Specialty Chemical, Pulp and Paper, Power, Natural Gas, Life Sciences and Food & Beverage customers. Our organization is ISO9001:2008 certified and we take great pride in the quality of our people, products, and services we provide and represent. Whether you are an engineering firm, contractor, OEM, skid builder, manufacturing plant, utility plant, or any other user in the process industry, if you choose to work with Northeast Controls we will get the job done right.
We invest in our people, our customers, and our business partners so that each can make a difference in the lives of their families, communities, and employers. Our reward is finding solutions to the tough process challenges facing industry today. We approach these challenges with a balance of engineering expertise and financial strategy, resulting in solutions that solve problems and deliver value. At Northeast Controls, we believe strongly that we can make a difference.
I invite you to review our website, learn more about the innovative products, automation systems, services, and total solutions that we can deliver to drive improvements for your business. Thank you for your trust and your business.
"Northeast Controls will be known as a recognized leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions to satisfy our customer's requirements in process control and industrial automation. We will succeed in building lasting relationships by providing consistently superior products and services that deliver quantifiable business results and by continually improving our quality management system processes."
- Integrity: All Northeast Controls' employees will behave honestly, ethically, and responsibly.
- Mutual Respect: We treat our customers, principals, suppliers, and fellow employees with respect, fairness, trust, and dignity.
- Knowledge: We continuously work to develop, improve, and apply our knowledge to the benefit of our customers and employees.
- Growth Driven: We take the initiative to continuously improve and grow as individuals, through self development, and as a business.
- Quality: We achieve customer satisfaction by meeting requirements and expectations through participation in our Quality Management System.
- Work Ethic: We are dedicated, tenacious, and hard working.
- Service-oriented: We anticipate, understand, and take responsibility for meeting customer needs quickly and accurately. We are committed to building lasting relationships with our customers.
- Safety: We actively participate in creating and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
- Accountability: A personal choice to rise above one's circumstances and demonstrate the ownership necessary for achieving desired results - to see it, own it, solve it, and do it.
Northeast Controls Inc. was founded in 1967 as a sales representative for The Fisher Governor Company. We operate from our Corporate Headquarters in Clifton Park, New York, located 20 miles north of Albany, NY, and also have Branch office locations in Rochester and Buffalo, NY, to locally serve our Western NY customers.
Northeast Controls' beginning as a regional sales organization has evolved over the years, becoming an engineering and consulting business along with a very experienced sales and services organization. We are proud to serve some of the largest and most influential corporations in the world. Our expertise offers the design and implementation of process management solutions and asset optimization services for our customers in many industries such as: Power, Gas Utilities, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's), Chemical, Pharmaceutical and BioTech, Pulp and Paper, Specialty Materials, Food and Beverage, Metals & Mining, HVAC, Water Treatment, as well as other industries and institutions.
Supplementing our automation technical application skills and process industry knowledge, Northeast Controls has become a complete process industries solution provider through the products and services available from our strong, legacy affiliation with Emerson Process Management and several solid partnerships we maintain with predominant suppliers of other products for the process industries. This combination has enabled us to provide our customers with the profit improvement solutions to their business challenges that our company is known for. For decades customers have consistently turned to Northeast Controls to provide them with process knowledge, applications expertise, and services to meet their business needs.
Northeast Controls provides the know-how that you can count on each day. Our Account Managers, Applications Engineering, and Project Management teams hold degrees in highly technical fields and have several years of experience within the process industries.
- Our Process Specialists and Process Control System Engineers average over 17 years of process optimization experience in various industries.
- Our Account Managers and Inside Sales Engineers average over 15 years of experience with Northeast Controls.
- Our Automation Project Managers average 30 years of industry experience in automation project implementation, field engineering, system architecture and bus design, project management, staging , integration, installation, start-up and commissioning services.
- Our factory certified Field Service Specialists average over 18 years of DCS and PLC installation, troubleshooting, preventative and corrective maintenance experience.
- Within our facility we maintain dedicated space for valve automation assembly, calibration and testing by factory trained service technicians along with an extensive valve, actuator, positioner and regulator inventory for meeting your emergency situations.
- We offer warrantied refurbishment of automatic valve assemblies, actuators, positioners, transducers and transmitters.
The employees and management of Northeast Controls are committed to being the premier local supplier of process control and automation solutions by providing outstanding customer service through a continuous commitment to operational excellence, superior engineering, and technical expertise.
Northeast Controls was originally established by Daniel J. Dinzik. Previously, Dan had worked for several years as a sales representative for the Fisher Representative in New York city. In 1967, Dan was appointed as the exclusive representative in Eastern New York, Western Massachusetts, and Southern Vermont for the Fisher Governor Company and incorporated Northeast Controls in the Albany, NY, area. Northeast Controls' representation of Fisher, process control expertise, and local customer service support contributed to the company's continued growth and success in the 1970's and 1980's. In 1985, Michael J. Peters purchased control of the company, and in 1987, the company acquired the territorial responsibility of Process Management Inc. of Buffalo, New York, extending Northeast Controls' geographic coverage to include all of Western New York state. In 1992, Emerson Electric purchased Fisher Controls, and in 2001 the Fisher-Rosemount brand name was changed to Emerson Process Management.
In January 2008, David J. Rizzo was appointed as the third President of Northeast Controls. An Upstate New York native, David is a 1985 graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point, and has served in sales and executive leadership roles with Northeast Controls since 1996. Northeast Controls' Management Team averages over 20 years of service and leadership experience with our company, and includes: Dan Shea, Vice President; Sue Johnson, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer; David Pellington, Services Manager; and Dan Barkevich, Inside Sales Manager.
Northeast Controls continues to invest in additional resources, infrastructure, new product offerings, engineering, and field services capabilities to meet customer expectations and maintain competitiveness. In 2013, Northeast Controls celebrates its 46th successful year in business and serves as the Local Business Partner for Emerson Process Management in Upstate New York, Western Massachusetts, and Southern Vermont.